Transferring from a University to Another:
Article No 42:
The transfer of a student from outside the University may be accepted according to the following rules:
A) The student must have studied at a recognized college or university.
B) The student should not have been dismissed for disciplinary reasons from the university from which he/ she is seeking transfer.
C) Students must satisfy the transfer conditions set by the council of the college to which he/she transfers.
Article No 43:
The college council will equalize the courses that the student had studied outside the University upon recommendations of the departments that offer the courses in question. The equalized courses will be registered in the student’s academic record, but they are not included in calculating the cumulative GPA.
Administrative Rules (42, 43) of Jazan University
By the approval of the Dean of the college being transferred to, her transfer from outside the university shall be accepted according to the following controls:
1) The student must have studied at a recognized college or university.
2) The student should not have been dismissed for academic and disciplinary reasons by the university from which they are transferring.
3) Students must satisfy the transfer conditions set by the college council to which they transfer and that his/ her cumulative GPA should not be less than (3.00) out of (5.00).
4) Transfer procedures shall be completed during the period identified in the approved academic calendar.
5) The number of credit hours required to be studied by transferring student to study to Jazan University, may not be less than 60% of the total number of credit hours required to attain a bachelor’s degree from the University.
Article No 44:
If it turns out that the transferred student had previously been dismissed for disciplinary reasons, the University considers the registration as canceled from the date of the admission to the university.
Article No 45:
The student can be transferred in any semester from one university to another in accordance with the date and procedures announced by the university being transferred to and in conformity with the general rules of transfer.
Mechanism of transfer application from outside the university:
1) Student submits an application of transfer to the Deanship of Admissions and Registration together with his approved academic record and the details of the courses that he studied in his university. Female students submit their applications to the vice deanship- female section, during the period stated in the official academic calendar.
2) The Deanship of Admissions and Registration verifies the students’ cumulative GPA, and if the application is accepted, the student number will be issued to the student, and then his/her academic record with details of the courses will be sent to the desired college to equalize the similar courses in the study plan.
Internal Transferring from one College to Another
Article No 46:
Student may transfer from one college to another within the university in accordance with the regulations set by the university council:
Administrative Rule of Jazan University:
Upon the approval of the two Deans of the relevant two colleges, students may transfer from one college to another in accordance with the conditions set by the council of the college to which the student wishes to transfer.
1) Student is allowed to transfer only once throughout the entire period of her/ his university study.
2) Student’s cumulative GPA should not be less than (2.00) out of (5.00) and preference is given to those with higher cumulative GPA and according to the admission capacity of the college.
3) Not more than four semester from the date of admission to the university.
4) The opportunity of transferring request is given to the colleges that have admission of new students for that semester.
5) The opportunity of transferring request from the community college to one of these colleges (Science - Business Administration - Arts and Humanities according to the type of secondary school certificate, given that the cumulative GPA should not be less than (4.25)out of (5.00)).
6) Student should meet the conditions of the college being transfer to.
7) Student has no right to change his/ her mind about transfer after the deadline of receiving transfer requests (according to the official university calendar).
Article No 47:
The academic record of the student transferring from one college to another will include all subjects he/she has studied in addition to the overall grades and cumulative and semester GPAs throughout the entire period of her/ his university study.
Transferring from One Major to Another:
Article No 48:
The student, after the approval of the college Dean, may transfer from one specialization to another within the college according to preconditions set by the college council.
Administrative Rule of Jazan University:
The student can, with the consent of the college Dean, transfer from one specialization to another within the college according to preconditions set by the college council.
Article No 49:
The academic record of the student transferring from one major to another within the college will include all subjects that he/ she has studied in addition to overall grades and cumulative and semester GPAs.
Terms of Transferring Students from Part-Time to Full-Time inside the University
1) Student may submit a transfer application electronically through the university website (www.jazanu.edu.sa) within the period stated in the official academic calendar.
2) Student should not be admitted according to exception from the requirements of the General Secondary School Certificate.
3) Student should not have been transferred during the period of his/her study at the university.
4) The student’s cumulative GPA should not be less than (3.50) out of (5.00).
5) Student should not have been admitted to the university for more than four semesters.
· The process of transferring from part-time to full-time shall be at the same academic department.
· This decision does not include students admitted to the distance learning program.