The visiting student is the one who studies some courses at another university or the branches of the university to which the student belongs without being transferred. The subjects that the student studies will be equalized as follows:
a) The approval of the college in which the student has studied.
b) Study should be at a recognized university or college.
c) The courses that the student has studied outside the university should be equal or (equivalent) in contents to one of the courses that included in graduation requirements.
d) If the study of the visiting student is in one of the university branches to which she belongs, Article (47) will be applied.
e) The University Council will identify the maximum limit of the grades of the study units that can be calculated outside the university for the visiting student.
f) The grades of the courses that have been equalized for the visiting student from another university will not be calculated within the accumulative grade. Courses should be recorded in her academic record.
g) Any other conditions enacted by the university council.
Executive Rule of Jazan University
Firstly: For a student of Jazan University who desires to study as a visitor to another university:
1. The student should have an academic record (with an accumulative rate) for at least two semesters in the college that the student joins before applying for studying as a visiting student.
2. The student should obtain the previous approval from his/her college to allow him/ her to study as a visiting student and identifying the courses that he/she will study. The College has the right to require a specific rate for equalizing the course. Upon a recommendation from the college, the student should be given a formal letter issued by Admission and Registration Deanship before the end of the first week of starting the study.
3. The student should have studied in a recognized college or university.
4. The course that is studied by the student outside the university should be equal or (equivalent) in details, and its course units should not be less than the courses included in graduation requirements.
5. Considering paragraph No. (5) of the executive rule of the two Articles (42,43), the maximum limit of the total course units that will be calculated outside the university should be (40%) forty percent of the total units of graduation from Jazan University.
6. The rates of the courses that will be equalized for the visiting student will not be calculated within his/her accumulative rates. The course should be recorded in her academic record.
7. Student should provide the Admission and Registration Deanship with the results he/she scores within two weeks of starting study at the first semester following his/her study as a visitor. If he/she does not submit her results, she will be considered as discontinued from these semesters (except for summer classes) and Article (15) will be applied.
8. The monthly scholarship will be paid to the visiting student if he/she deserves, after submitting the semester results to the Admission and Registration Deanship.
Secondly: For a student of another university who desires to study as a visiting student at Jazan University.
1. The student should have an academic record (with accumulative rate) for at least two semesters from the university in which he/ she is admitted.
2. The student should not be dismissed for disciplinary or academic reasons.
3. The student should have previous written approval from his/her university for studying as a visiting student at Jazan University. The courses of Jazan University that the student is going to study should be mentioned in the letter.
4. The Student should obtain the approval of the college in which he/she desires to study as a visiting student.
5. The maximum numbers of semesters that the visiting student is allowed to study are two semesters.
6. The Visiting Student is not allowed to ask for accommodation at the University and he/she and no scholarship will be paid to him/her by Jazan University.
7. Courses are to be recorded for the student by the college at which he/she desires to study, taking into account all registration controls of courses.